Eric's Net 11 Log

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Module 4 - Downloading Tools/Plug-in task


Downloading Tools/Plug-in task
The tool I decided to experiment with in this task. Most of the tools listed I have already have been using for a while however the following tools I had not used before was 'Bookmark Buddy for windows.'

Bookmark Buddy
The link on the Curtin website did not work when downloading Bookmark Buddy. The link directed me to urlorg.com and then redirected me to their FTP site. The file was not availableon this site so I download it from another file sharing site. The program was only 1.7 mb and even with my slow connect I was able to download it within a minute.

Once downloaded, I was able to click on the application file to install it. The first thing that I noticed was it popped up with this licensing information screen which I had to scroll through and acknowledge before I could install it.


Next: I was presented with the following installation screen


The final part of the installation included a setting to add in browsers. This took a while as I had confugre Google Chrome to work with this tool.





The main screen of the product is shown below. Its main features include:

·
Manages favourites and passwords
· Uses a logical approach to manage these by categories and sub categories
· Allows keyword tags to help you search for favourites
· It caches the sites you visit frequently in a smartfolder
· Allows you to drag and drop information on website
The above points sound a bit like an advertisement of features for the product. I found this product to be very easy to use and the above features were easy to discover. Iwill keep using Bookmark Buddy after the evaluation has run out as it is quite a useful tool and is saving me time when browsing. I give it the thumbs up :).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home